Here is what you will see:>> Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) & Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) used in commercial made soaps.
Its used to provide you with what they say is a luxurious lather. but really it there to allow their (detergent) soap to lather up in hard water conditions, and makes it more lucrative to consumers.
What they forgot or don't tell you on the package is that it will build up in your body over time.Wonder how many health issues it causes?? scary huh.
I really doubt that anything used to DEGREASE motors, floors etc are going to be sensitive on anyones skin!!!
According to the scientific description from Wikipedia, "Like all detergent surfactants, sodium lauryl sulfate removes oils from the skin, and can cause skin and eye irritation." Here is the full story on the chemical compounds that make up SLS's - CHECK IT OUT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_lauryl_sulfate
How good can this be for you and your skin I ask? NOT!!!
I refuse to use of that ___ in my home, on my family or on my pets. I use my baby soap bars or sensitive skin soaps on my dogs.
When I make my soap recipe, I prefer to use oil from a simple bean product, Castor Beans. That oil is what I feel is best for my in soaps along with other great butters and oils.They are natural and non toxic to our skin or pets.
I get moisturizing, silky, clean soapy feeling, plus it adds a bit of bubble to the soap bar. It might not lather like those detergent (soap) bars from the department stores have, just remember its not the amount of bubbles that clean your skin after all. And, yes it may cost you more than lab manufactured so called soaps - but it's far safer!
Go ahead, check your products ...Feel safe with them? I know whats in the products I offer and its none of that chemical compound junk!
Thanks for reading my lil rant and I hope you care :-)